12.28.2012

About


Gray Paws Photography - What's in a name?
      As a teenager, I began photographing adoptable pets at my local Animal Control. From there, this business blossomed and grew. To this day, I still passionately photograph and promote adoptable pets.

     The name Gray Paws Photography was inspired by a cat with whom I grew up. Her name was Oddball, and she was solid gray except for some white on her belly and a white tip on her tail. I was a young girl when she was born, and from that moment on, we were extremely bonded. Then, as I got older, she got older, too, and her age caught up with her. Eventually, when she was about 10 years old, she developed mammary cancer. She fought it for 7 1/2 months, beginning with her diagnosis in July 2014. The cancer finally won on St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2015.

     I actually chose the name Gray Paws before she passed away, long before she was even diagnosed with the fatal disease. I knew that her inevitable passing would only add passion and value to the business.

     I hope to continue to grow, and to use my photography to honor sweet Oddball for the rest of my life. This business is all about love and passion, and I intend to keep it that way. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment